<![CDATA[The community is invited to the following special programs held during the month of February at Yolo County’s Winters Community Library, located at 708 Railroad Avenue in Winters: February is Black History Month! The 2019 theme, “Black Migrations,” honors African Americans in motion as they moved from the farm to the cities, and from poverty to the national stage in business, politics, literature and the arts. Check out our book displays and bibliography. Friday, Feb. 1-Thursday, Feb. 14: Blind Date with a Book. The Winters Community Library is sponsoring a “Book Blind Date.” It’s a no commitment, no drama relationship where your “dream date” could be a thriller, a historical fantasy, a mystery or a sci-fi epic. Participants will be entered into a free drawing for a special gift. Tuesday, Feb. 5: Voice of the Wood, 4 p.m. Voice of the Wood will be performing two stories: Mufaro’s Beautiful Daughters and How Jackrabbit Got His Very Long Ears, featuring Heidi Bekebrede’s dramatic narration and Dianna Craig’s stylized masks and expressive movement. Family program. The Esparto Regional Library will host these special programs in February. The library is located at 17065 Yolo Ave. in Esparto: Friday, Feb. 1-Thursday, Feb. 14: Blind Date with a Book. Thursday, Feb. 7: Evening Family Movie, 6 p.m. Join us for a family friendly (rated G or PG) movie. For movie title call the library at 530-787-3426. Saturday, Feb. 9: Valentine’s Day Floral Arrangement, 10:30 a.m. Bring your own vase, flowers will be provided. Presented by the University of California Cooperative Extension Master Gardeners of Yolo County. Tuesday, Feb. 12: Free Computer Class, 10:30 a.m. Basic computer class covering simple tech support, beginner terminology, library computer resources and a Q & A session. Registration is required and will be limited to the first ten signups. To register, call 530-787-3426 or sign up at the library service desk. This class will be offered on the second Tuesday of each month. Tuesday, Feb. 12: Vibrant Valentine’s Day Crafts, 3:30 p.m. Share the love and have fun making Valentine’s Day cards, bookmarks, and more. Tuesday, Feb. 26: Voice of the Wood, 3:30 p.m. Voice of the Wood will be performing two stories: Mufaro’s Beautiful Daughters and How Jackrabbit Got His Very Long Ears, featuring Heidi Bekebrede’s dramatic narration and Dianna Craig’s stylized masks and expressive movement. Family program. Notices: The Yolo County Library’s branches will be closed on Monday, Feb. 18 for Presidents’ Day. Winters Community Library will revert to School Break Hours of 1 p.m. to 5 p.m. on Friday, Feb. 15 for a Winters High School “Lincoln Holiday.” The following ongoing programs continue in February at the Winters Community Library:
- Winters Casual Cribbage Club: second and fourth Tuesday of the month at 6 p.m. in the Margaret Parson’s Room or the Quiet Reading Corner.
- SUCCESS: Tuesdays and Thursdays at 3:30 p.m.
- Needle Arts: First and third Tuesdays of the month at 4 p.m.
- Libros y Chisme: Second Tuesday of the month at 6 p.m.
- Family Story Time: Wednesdays at 10:30 a.m.
- Grupo de conversación en inglés / English Conversation Group: Jueves a las 6 p.m. / Thursdays at 6 p.m.
- Literary Trails: Wednesdays at 2 p.m.
- Hora de Cuentas/Bi-lingual Story Time: Thursdays at 6:30 p.m. Sponsored by First 5 Yolo.
- Aguas Frescas: Last Thursday of the month at 6 p.m.
- Lego Block Party: 2nd Saturday of the month at 2 p.m.
- Family Movie: Last Saturday of the month at 2 p.m.
- Tales for Tails: Children ages 4-12 are invited to read to a therapy dog. Tuesdays at 3:30 p.m.
- English Conversation Group, Tuesdays at 1:15 p.m. Converse and improve your English in a fun and relaxed setting with the aid of a group facilitator. Drop-in visitors are always welcome.
- Hora de Cuentos / Bilingual Spanish Story Time (Ages 0-5), Thursdays at 10:30 a.m. Children (ages 0-5) and their parents or caregivers are invited to join us for stories, songs, movement, rhymes and finger-plays. All bilingual story times are provided through a grant from First 5 Yolo.