Bring the whole family to the Festival de la Communidad, hosted by the Hispanic Advisory Committee (HAC), at Winters Community Center and Rotary Park on Saturday, Sept. 28, from 4-10:30 p.m.
There will be live music and dancing, featuring Bonanza King, Mariachi Puente, Latidos and more. The children’s area features a free climbing wall, free bounce houses, face painting and other activities from 4-9 p.m. A large selection of booths will offer their goods and provide information to the community.
This year there will be a designated beer garden open from 4-9:30 p.m., featuring Modelo, and inside the Community Center from 4-7 p.m., featuring Berryessa Brewing Co. All will be $5 per glass.
Local carnitas cooks will compete to win first, second and third place. All booths are eligible to compete for the Best Booth Award.
Heaping Carnitas plates will be served. They will include the featured carnitas from Norma of Putah Creek Café and Baldomero of El Pueblo’s famous beans, rice tortillas and salsa for $15 a plate. Plates will include a selection of competition carnitas.
All proceeds from the sale of carnitas plates support this event, programs and scholarships that support the community. Beer, wine, soda, lemonade, churros and other items will be for sale.
The donations and proceeds from previous festivals have been used to benefit the community in the following ways:
· The HAC hosts annual U.S. citizenship forums to help residents become citizens
· They donated $3,500 toward the Munchkin Summer Camp program that supports academic success for Winters students in first through eighth grade
· They provided funds for Putah Creek Council to select Winters High School graduates for their Summer Internship Program, providing STEM experience to young people
· Literacy programs, for English learners and for financing
· The HAC works with ELAC parents to help articulate city services with the community
. They support Winters High School Grad Night
Over the past decade members of the HAC have worked with city staff and community volunteers to foster open communication, outreach and understanding between the City of Winters staff and the Latino community.For more information about this event or for booth or competition information, contact Dagoberto Fierros at 530-794-6760 or email@example.com, or Jesse Loren at firstname.lastname@example.org.]]>