The following program will be ongoing at the Winters Community Library and the Esparto Regional Library through August.
Summer Reading Program 2019: Sign up and get a free book. Choose your summer challenge: read 10 books, read for 10 hours, or read on 10 different days. There will be activities, events, and prizes all summer long with a final Grand Prize drawing. The program runs through Sunday, Aug. 31.
Read Off Your Fines for Adults: Adults who complete the Summer Reading Program may choose to have up to $10 in late fees waived from their library account as their prize. Program runs through Sunday, Aug. 31.
Winters Community Library
Entertain and inform the family with programs held during the month of July at Yolo County’s Winters Community Library:
· Wednesday, July 10: Painters’ Paradise, 2 p.m. Make a mess with friends as you create art projects using a variety of materials. Paint a rock creature or create a pet rock. Stay to learn about the geology of rocks and famous rocks around the world.
· Wednesday, July 17: Uncle Jer’s Traveling Bee Show, 2 p.m. Learn about bee pollination and honey production in an engaging presentation. Free honey samples and activity books will be provided.
· Wednesday, July 24: Nor Cal Bats, 2 p.m. Join Corky Quirk of NorCal Bats to learn about native California bats and their environmental benefits. Come hear all about our wonderful night-time neighbors and after the show you can meet live bats!
· Thursday, July 25: Aguas Frescas: Music Night with DJ Tutti V, Part II, 6 p.m. Join us for a live DJ demonstration and a brief history of Hip-hop. Learn the magic behind blending songs and sounds together using turntables with Jose Vasquez.
· Wednesday, July 31: Pokémon Party (with Pokémon Anime), 2 p.m. Gotta catch ‘em all! Explore the world of Pokémon through games, crafts, activities, and prizes. We’ll have space for battling friends and foes through the Pokémon card game, as well as lures enticing Pokémon to the library in Pokémon Go!
The following ongoing programs continue in July:
· SUCCESS: Tuesdays and Thursdays at 3:30 p.m.
· Needle Arts: First and third Tuesdays of the month at 4 p.m.
· Winters Casual Cribbage Club: Second and fourth Tuesday of the month at 6 p.m. in the Margaret Parson’s Room or the Quiet Reading Corner.
· (New!) Winters Origami Group: Last Tuesday of the month at 6 p.m.
· Family Story Time: Wednesdays at 10:30 a.m.
· Literary Trails: Wednesdays at 11 a.m.
· Grupo de conversación en inglés / English Conversation Group: Jueves a las 6 p.m. / Thursdays at p.m.
· Libros y Chisme: Second Thursday of the month at 6 p.m.
· Aguas Frescas: Last Thursday of the month at 6 p.m.
· Hora de Cuentas/Bi-lingual Story Time: Thursdays at 6:30 p.m. Sponsored by First 5 Yolo.
· Lego Block Party: Second Saturday of the month at 2 p.m.
· Family Movie: Last Saturday of the month at 2 p.m.
NOTICES: Yolo County Library branches will be closed on Thursday, July 4 in observance of Independence Day. On Monday, July 15, all Yolo County Library branches will only be open from 2-6 p.m. due to an all staff meeting. The Winters Community Library continues the following School Break Schedule until Tuesday, Aug. 20:
· Mondays and Wednesdays: 10 a.m.-6 p.m.
· Tuesday and Thursdays: 12-8 p.m.
· Fridays and Saturdays: 1-5 p.m.
· Sundays: Closed
Except where noted, all programs are sponsored by the Winters Friends of the Library, are free to attend, and no registration is required. For more information, contact library staff at 530-795-4955, visit the Yolo County Library at: www.yolocountylibrary.org (see Events calendar for Winters Community Library-specific events) or connect with the Yolo County Library on Facebook at: www.facebook.com/yolocountylibrary.org.
Esparto Regional Library
These special programs will held during the month of July at Yolo County’s Esparto Regional Library, located at 17065 Yolo Avenue in Esparto:
· Tuesday, July 9: Free Computer Class, 10:30 a.m. Basic computer class covering simple tech support, beginner terminology, library computer resources, and a Q & A session. Registration is required and will be limited to the first ten signups. To register, call 530-787-3426 or sign up at the library service desk. This class will be offered on the second Tuesday of each month.
· Wednesday, July 11: Summer Afternoon Movie, 2 p.m. Join us for a family friendly (rated G or PG) movie. For movie title call: 530-787-3426.
· Thursday, July 25: Explorit Science Center: Amazing Animals, 2:30 p.m. Investigate the ways animals survive and thrive with live insects and reptiles. See how adaptations help animals hide in plain sight and how young animals change as they grow. Family program.
· Wednesday, July 31: Aguas Frescas: Flower Pot Painting, 6:30 p.m. Join us for refreshing Aguas Frescas while painting your own flower pot. For all ages.
The following ongoing programs continue in July:
· English Conversation Group, Tuesdays at 1:15 p.m. Converse and improve your English in a fun and relaxed setting with the aid of a group facilitator. Drop-in visitors are always welcome.
· Hora de Cuentos / Bilingual Spanish Story Time (Ages 0-5), Thursdays at 10:30 a.m. Children (ages 0-5) and their parents or caregivers are invited to join us for stories, songs, movement, rhymes and finger-plays. All bilingual story times are provided through a grant from First 5 Yolo.
NOTICES: Yolo County Library branches will be closed on July 4 in observance of Independence Day. On July 15, all Yolo County Library branches will only be open from 2-6 p.m. due to an all staff meeting.
All programs are sponsored by the Friends of the Esparto Regional Library, are free to attend and, unless otherwise stated, no registration is required. For more information about events at the Esparto Regional Library, contact library staff at 530-787-3426 or visit the Yolo County Library at www.yolocountylibrary.org (see calendar for Esparto Regional Library-specific events). Connect with the Yolo County Library on Facebook atwww.facebook.com/yolocountylibrary.org.]]>