The following programs will be held during the month of May at Yolo County’s Winters Community Library, located at 708 Railroad Avenue in Winters:
· May is Asian Pacific American Heritage Month (APAHM): Celebrate the achievements and contributions of Asian Americans and Pacific Islanders in the United States by checking out our book display and bibliography.
· 3D Printer Appointments Available: Sign up to use the 3D printer during the month of May. Look to the press release on the 3D printing program for the times of the program. Contact the Library for more information.
· Thursday, May 2: 3D Printer Maker Lab, 6 p.m.
Join us for hands-on learning with design using a 3D printer. For ages 10 and up.
Monday, May 20 – Saturday, Aug. 31: Summer Reading Program 2019
Sign up and get a free book. Choose your summer challenge: Read 10 books, read for 10 hours, or read on 10 different days. There will be activities, events, and prizes all summer long with a final grand prize drawing.
Monday, May 20 – Saturday, Aug. 31: Read Off Your Fines for Adults
Adults who complete the Summer Reading Program may choose to have up to $10.00 in late fees waived from their library account as their prize.
The following ongoing programs continue in May:
· Winters Casual Cribbage Club: Second and fourthTuesday of the month at 6 p.m. in the Margaret Parson’s Room or the Quiet Reading Corner.
· SUCCESS: Tuesdays and Thursdays at 3:30 p.m.
· Tales for Tails: Children ages 4-12 are invited to read to a therapy dog. Tuesdays at 3:30 p.m.
· Needle Arts: First and third Tuesdays of the month at 4 p.m.
· Libros y Chisme:Second Tuesday of the month at 6 p.m.
· Family Story Time: Wednesdays at 10:30 a.m.
· Literary Trails: Wednesdays at 2 p.m.
· Grupo de conversación en inglés / English Conversation Group: Jueves a las 6 p.m. / Thursdays at 6 p.m.
· Hora de Cuentas/Bi-lingual Story Time: Thursdays at 6:30 p.m. Sponsored by First 5 Yolo.
· Lego Block Party: Second Saturday of the month at 2 p.m.
· Family Movie: Last Saturday of the month at 2 p.m.
NOTICE: All Yolo County Library branches will be closed on Monday, May 27, in observance of Memorial Day. The Winters Community Library will revert to the following School Break Schedule from Monday, May 20 through Sunday, August 25:
· Mondays and Wednesdays: 10 a.m.-6 p.m.
· Tuesday and Thursdays: 12-8 p.m.
· Fridays and Saturdays: 1-5 p.m.
· Sundays: Closed
Except where noted, all programs are sponsored by the Winters Friends of the Library, are free to attend, and no registration is required. For more information, contact library staff at 530-795-4955, visit the Yolo County Library at:www.yolocountylibrary.org (see Events calendar for Winters Community Library-specific events) or connect with the Yolo County Library on Facebook at: www.facebook.com/yolocountylibrary.org.
Esparto Regional Library
The following special programs held during the month of May at Yolo County’s Esparto Regional Library, located at 17065 Yolo Avenue in Esparto:
Saturday, May 4: Saturday Morning Family Movie, 10:30 a.m. Children and families are invited to view a family friendly (rated G or PG) movie. For movie title call: 530-787-3426.
Sunday, May 11: Attracting Pollinators / California Natives, 10:30 a.m. This program is presented by the University of California Cooperative Extension Master Gardeners of Yolo County.
Tuesday, May 14: Free Computer Class, 10:30 a.m. Basic computer class covering simple tech support, beginner terminology, library computer resources, and a Q & A session. Registration is required and will be limited to the first ten signups. To register, call 530-787-3426 or sign up at the library service desk. This class will be offered on the second Tuesday of each month.
Thursday, May 16: Children’s Flower Pot Painting and Planting, 3:30 p.m. Paint or decorate your own flower pot and plant a flower seed to grow your own flower at home.
Monday, May 20: Dilly Dally the Clown, 3:15 p.m. Kick off the Summer Reading Program with Dilly Dally’s balloon entertainment for all ages.
The following ongoing programs continue in May:
· English Conversation Group, Tuesdays at 1:15 p.m. Converse and improve your English in a fun and relaxed setting with the aid of a group facilitator. Drop-in visitors are always welcome.
· Hora de Cuentos / Bilingual Spanish Story Time (Ages 0-5), Thursdays at 10:30 a.m. Children (ages 0-5) and their parents or caregivers are invited to join us for stories, songs, movement, rhymes and finger-plays. All bilingual story times are provided through a grant from First 5 Yolo.
All programs are sponsored by the Friends of the Esparto Regional Library, are free to attend and, unless otherwise stated, no registration is required. For more information about events at the Esparto Regional Library, contact library staff at (530) 787-3426 or visit the Yolo County Library at www.yolocountylibrary.org (see calendar for Esparto Regional Library-specific events). Connect with the Yolo County Library on Facebook atwww.facebook.com/yolocountylibrary.org.