The U.S. Bureau of Reclamation announced recreation area closures and new operating hours at Lake Berryessa that as of last Friday.
“These seasonal closures allow Reclamation to perform necessary maintenance tasks and allow for natural resource recovery,” the agency said in a statement released last Thursday.
Some the changes include:
• The north side of Oak Shores Day Use Area, and the two restrooms along the Smittle Creek Trail, are closed until March 31. The south side of Oak Shores Day Use Area will continue to offer restroom facilities, picnic tables, barbecue grills, water access and a kayak/canoe hand launch.
• Gates will open at 7:30 a.m. and close at 5 p.m. to reflect daylight hours’ changes at the following day use areas: Oak Shores, Smittle Creek and Eticuera.
• Capell Cove Boat Launch will remain open from 4 a.m. to 10 p.m. The launch remains closed to motorized boats until water levels rise again.
• The Smittle Creek Trail and Lake Berryessa administrative offices are closed until further notice.
• The Dufer Point Visitor Center, 520 Knoxville Road, in Napa, is open Saturdays, Sundays and most holidays from noon to 3 p.m. through March 31, 2022. The center and gates to day use areas will be closed on Thanksgiving Day and Christmas Day. Maps, information, and America the Beautiful and Lake Berryessa annual passes are available during operating hours. Covid safety procedures – wearing a mask, one person inside at a time and maintaining physical distancing – are in place.
For information on activities, fees, directions, pet restrictions or other questions, call the visitor center at 707-966-2111, Ext. 113, the Lake Berryessa Administration Office at 707-966-2111 (TTY 800-877-8339), or visit on.doi.gov/3u6NMcI.