<![CDATA[Winters now has a variety of gift giving options that provide opportunity to gift something unique, thoughtful and personalized. Don't settle for less if you have found yourself having to get a last-minute gift. The following ideas can all be attained with a little thought and creativity.
- Gift Card bouquet: Consider your valentine’s favorite Winters spots and get a variety of gift cards. There is no shortage of eateries or place to grab a drink or treat in Winters. Put $10-20 (or more) on a card and wrap them up in a small gift box, coffee mug or gift in a card.
- Plants or flower arrangements: If you haven’t waited too long message Roxie’s Flower Truck on Facebook to find out where she may be. Visit The Local Floret at the Winters Collective for a variety of options. The Local Floret has dried flower bouquets available for purchase, plant arrangements or create your own with air plants you can select and pair with a holder. The Flying Pig also has a variety of plant holders you can pair with air plants.
- Coffee and Baked Goods: Gift cards to Steady Eddy’s or Lester Farms Bakery serve well for a last minute gift. Another option is to buy something to eat now. The bakery has a collection of brownies, mini pies and baked goods that are baked fresh every morning. Pair it with a bag of coffee from either the Steady Eddy’s Roasting Room or their Coffee House. The Roasting Room also features local honey, artists and coffee swag.
- Local wares & classes: The Winters Collective hosts 12 vendors from plants, home decor, a boutique, jewelry, skin and spa products, printed cards and products, baked goods, printed cups, bags, clothing and more all created by local crafting and more. Eagle Drug also has a variety of Winters-themed swag available in both adult and youth sizes.
- Gift an experience: Check out the creative classroom section on The Winters Collective website to see their calendar of events you can sign up for. Other venues to consider are tickets to a concert at the Palms Playhouse, a Yoga experience at Seva Space or spa treatment at ZenTerra Spa at the Winters Hotel.
- A book lover’s delight: Visit the Winters Community Library and shop for gently-used books off of Mrs. Gildart’s Bookcart or the Ida B. Wallace Book Sale Room, both located in the library lobby. Plus, proceeds from the book sales go back to benefit library support and programming via the nonprofit Winters Friends of the Library. It’s a win-win situation.
- Wine, beer and spirits: If your Valentine enjoys it consider a bottle of his or her favorite wine, beer or spirit. The Berryessa Downtown Tasting Room and Turkovich Family Wines locations sell wine during business hours. Check out growler options at Hooby’s Brewing for locally-brewed beer to go. And, don’t forget to visit the Patio 29 Distillery for one of their locally-crafted spirit options.