RISE, Inc is providing counseling support for the Winters Joint Unified School District and Winters community following a single-vehicle accident that resulted in a recent Winters graduate missing.
In her first message to the community as Acting Superintendent, Phoebe Girimonte shared information on the incident and on current search efforts to locate 18-year-old Eduardo Fierros.
“Given the recent tragedy within our school community, the uncertainty surrounding Eduardo’s whereabout and wellbeing is even more profoundly felt. Collectively, we are already mourning and this news surfaces heightened feelings of grief, disquiet, and vulnerability,” Girimonte said.
RISE, Inc has three mental health clinicians available to provide emotional support to Winters students, families, Winters JUSD staff and the community. The services are available Monday through Friday between 9 a.m. and 5 p.m.
To schedule an appointment, contact Alejandra Flores at 530-787-4110 or email email@example.com.
Winters JUSD provides mental health resources through Care Solace to students and their families. Information is available at www.wintersjusd.org.
Mental health emergency resources are available at:
- Text “Hello” or “Home” to 741741 to connect with support.
- Call the National Suicide Prevention Lifeline at 1-800-273-8255
- English: 800-273-TALK
- Espanol: 888-628-9454
- TTYY: 800-799-4998
- Online chat: suicidepreventionlifeline.org
- Trevor Lifeline LGBTQIA+ Crisis Support: 1-866-488-7386
- Call 911 or request a Crisis Intervention Trained (CIT) response
- Go to the closest emergency room for support