By Madison York
Special to the Express
The Yolo County Community Corrections Partnership (CCP) is seeking a qualified applicant to fill a vacancy for a Community-Based Organization (CBO) representative on the committee. The mission of the Yolo County CCP is “to protect the public by holding individuals accountable and providing opportunities that support victim and community restoration, offender rehabilitation and successful reintegration through evidence-based, innovative and culturally competent programs and services,” and the CCP is seeking applicants who are committed to the furthering of that mission.
The current vacancy, per California Penal Code section 1230, must be filled by “a representative from a community-based organization with experience in successfully providing rehabilitative services to persons who have been convicted of a criminal offense.” Interested applicants who believe they meet this qualification are encouraged to submit an application to John Rowe, CCP Management Analyst, via email at email@example.com.
For the application package, please include:
- Your CBO’s Name;
- Your Resume/Curriculum Vitae; and
- A cover letter that answers the following questions:
- How does your organization provide rehabilitative services to persons convicted of a criminal offense within the local community?
- What does Restorative Justice mean to you?
- What do you consider to be the most pressing concern for the future of law and justice within Yolo County?
Applications will be accepted until Wednesday, Dec. 21, at 5 p.m. The CCP will convene on Monday, Jan. 9, at 1:30 p.m. and will make a final selection to fill the vacancy during that meeting.