The Yolo County Health and Human Services Agency will be holding the following free influenza vaccination clinics this fall:
- Wednesday, Oct. 16, 9 a.m. – 12 p.m. University Covenant Church 315 Mace Blvd. in Davis
- Wednesday, Oct. 16, 4:30 – 7:30 p.m. West Sacramento Recreation Center, 2801 Jefferson Blvd. in West Sacramento
- Wednesday, Nov. 6, 4- 7p.m. Winters Community Center 201 Railroad Ave. in Winters
In addition to getting a flu shot, follow these simple steps to avoid getting the flu:
· Wash hands often with soap and water.
· Regularly clean commonly-touched surfaces, like countertops, doorknobs, telephones.
· Don’t share cups, straws or anything that goes in the mouth.
· Cover nose and mouth when coughing and sneezing, and promptly throw away used tissues.
· Stay home if sick.
Other important factors that help prevent sickness include:
· Eating more whole grains, vegetables and fruits.
· Getting enough rest and staying physically fit to help the body fight off disease.
· Not smoking and reducing exposure to secondhand smoke.
For more information about the flu, visit Yolo County’s Influenza page at: yolocounty.org/Flu.]]>