The following programs held during the month of November at both the Winters Community Library and the Esparto Regional Library:
Native American Heritage Month
All Yolo County Library branches will celebrate with displays highlighting the history and culture of the Yocha Dehe Wintun Nation and recommended reading.
Continuing through Sunday, Nov. 3: Costume Contest
Enter to win a prize for the best costumes in Yolo County by posting your own costume picture on the Yolo County Library Facebook page (facebook.com/yolocountylibrary.org) or Instagram page (instagram.com/yolocountylibrary) with the tag #yclcontest19 or wearing your costume to your local library branch and asking a staff member to take your picture. Four winners will be selected by Sunday, Nov. 10 for a prize and recognition at their local library branch.
The following programs will take place at the Winters Community Library:
Saturday, Nov. 2: Master Gardeners Public Workshop, 9:30 a.m. Learn how to care for fruit trees and get ideas on which varieties work best in the area to prepare for the Winters Friends of the Library Spring 2020 Fruit Tree Sale.
For more information, contact UC Master Gardeners-Yolo at 530-666-8737 or email@example.com.
Monday, Nov. 21: Aguas Frescas: Piñata Making
Come to the library to create your own piñata with help from staff. Homemade Aguas Frescas will be available.
The following ongoing programs continue at the Winters Community Library in November:
- Winters Community Library Teaching Garden: The School in Session Schedule to visit the garden is: Mondays: 3:30-6 p.m.; Tuesdays: 3:30 to sundown; Wednesdays 1:30-6 p.m.; Thursdays: 3:30 p.m. to sundown; Saturdays: 1-5 p.m.
- 3D Printer Appointments Available: Sign up to use the 3D printer. Mondays: 2-5 p.m.; Tuesdays: 4-7 p.m.; Wednesdays: 11a.m.-2 p.m.; Thursdays: 4-7 p.m.; Fridays: 12-3= p.m.; Saturdays: 1-4 p.m. Contact the Library for more information.
- SUCCESS: Tuesdays and Thursdays at 3:30 p.m.
- Tales for Tails: Tuesdays at 3:30 p.m.
- Needle Arts: First and third Tuesdays of the month at 4 p.m.
- Winters Casual Cribbage Club: Second and fourth Tuesday of the month at 6 p.m. in the Margaret Parson’s Room or the Quiet Reading Corner.
- Winters Origami Club: Last Tuesday of the month at 5 p.m.
- Family Story Time: Wednesdays at 10:30 a.m.
- Literary Trails: Wednesdays at 3: p.m. Note the time change.
- NEW! Fiesta de Colores: An hour of arts and crafts on Thursdays at 6 p.m.
- Grupo de conversación en inglés / English Conversation Group: Jueves a las 6 p.m. / Thursdays at 6 p.m.
- Libros y Chisme: Second Thursday of the month at 7 p.m.
- Aguas Frescas: Last Thursday of the month at 6 p.m.
- Hora de Cuentas/Bi-lingual Story Time: Thursdays at 6:30 p.m. Sponsored by First 5 Yolo.
- Lego Block Party: Second Saturday of the month at 2 p.m.
- Family Movie: Last Saturday of the month at 2 p.m.
Except where noted, all programs are sponsored by the Winters Friends of the Library, are free to attend, and no registration is required. For more information, contact library staff at 530-795-4955, visit the Yolo County Library at: yolocountylibrary.org (see Events calendar for Winters Community Library-specific events) or connect with the Yolo County Library on Facebook at: facebook.com/yolocountylibrary.org.
The following programs will be held during the month of November at Yolo County’s Esparto Regional Library, located at 17065 Yolo Ave. in Esparto:
3-D Printer Available by Appointment. Print custom-designed or design-ready three-dimensional objects. Contact the information desk at 530-787-3426 for details.
Monday, Nov. 4: Circus of Smiles, 3:30 p.m. Witness a gravity defying juggling show and join Andrew Quick and Mr. Mustache on a comical circus adventure. Bring the family to an interactive performance where attendees are invited to participate in the spectacle.
Saturday, Nov. 9: Fairy Gardens, 10:30 a.m. This garden information program is presented by the University of California Cooperative Extension Master Gardeners of Yolo County.
Tuesday, Nov. 12: Aguas Frescas and Paper Leaf Wreaths, 3:30 p.m. Enjoy Aguas Frescas while creating paper leaf wreaths and fall paper crafts.
Wednesday, Nov.13: Free Computer Class, 1:30 p.m. Basic computer class covering simple tech support, beginner terminology, library computer resources and a Q & A session. Registration is required and will be limited to the first 10 signups. To register, call 530-787-3426 or sign up at the library service desk. This class will be offered on the second Wednesday of each month.
Thursday, Nov. 14: Evening Family Movie, 6 p.m. There will be a family friendly (rated G or PG) movie. For movie title call the library at 530-787-3426.
The following ongoing programs continue in November:
English Conversation Group, Tuesdays at 1:15 p.m. Converse and improve your English in a relaxed setting with the aid of a group facilitator. Drop-in visitors are always welcome.
Hora de Cuentos/Bilingual Spanish Story Time (Ages 0-5), Thursdays at 10:30 a.m. Children (ages 0-5) and their parents or caregivers are invited to join us for stories, songs, movement, rhymes and finger-plays. All bilingual story times are provided through a grant from First 5 Yolo.
NOTICES: On Monday, Nov. 11 the Winters Community Library will be closed in observance of Veterans Day. The library will revert to the school break schedule Monday, Nov. 25-Friday, Nov. 29 due to Thanksgiving Break and will be open as follows that week: Monday and Wednesday: 10a.m.-6 p.m.; Tuesday 12-8 p.m.; Thursday and Friday: closed; Saturday: 1-5 p.m.; Sunday: closed. The school in session schedule resumes Monday, Dec. 2.]]>