The following program will be at both the Winters Community Library and the Esparto Regional Library:
Continuing through Tuesday, Oct. 15: Latinx Heritage Month. Learn about the histories, cultures and contributions of Americans whose ancestors came from Spain, Mexico, the Caribbean, and Central and South America with our bibliography and display.
· Monday, Oct. 28 – Sunday, Nov. 3: Costume Contest. Enter to win a prize for the best costumes in Yolo County by posting your own costume picture on the Yolo County Library Facebook page (facebook.com/yolocountylibrary.org) or Instagram page (instagram.com/yolocountylibrary) with the tag #yclcontest19 or wearing your costume to your local library branch and asking a staff member to take your picture. Four winners will be selected by Sunday, Nov. 10 for a prize and recognition at their local library branch. Remember to “like” the Yolo County Library on Facebook to see the final winners!
NOTICE: On Monday, Oct. 14, all Yolo County Library branches will only be open from 2-6 p.m. due to an all staff meeting.
The following fall programs will be held during the month of October at Yolo County’s Winters Community Library:
· Saturday, Oct. 12: Community Library Teaching Garden Open House, 1 p.m. Join us to celebrate the new Teaching Garden at the library. Yolo County Master Gardeners will be on hand to answer your gardening questions and to share information about pollinators. There will be special activities for kids that include a story time and a special gardening craft. Light refreshments will be served.
· Saturday, Oct. 12: Community Writes: Free Writing Workshop for Adults and Teens, 2 p.m. Visit the library for a day to learn, laugh, and play with words. Pen and paper will be provided. This program is sponsored by the Winters Friends of the Library in conjunction with Indie Author Day.
· Saturday, Oct. 19: Puppet Making and Storytelling (in Spanish and English), 12:30 p.m. Have fun making puppets with your children! Participants will receive a free book and puppet making materials. Space is limited to twenty participants so please register with Nancy.Pacheco@yolocounty.org to secure a spot.
· Tuesday, Oct. 29: Dia De Los Muertos, 6 p.m. Join the library for a fun evening to honor the ancestors with music, guest speakers, sugar skull decorating, nail art, face painting, and antojitos (light snacks and refreshments). We welcome the public to place offerings of flowers, photographs, bread, and other symbolic offerings for loved ones who have passed away on our community altar.
· Thursday, Oct. 31: Aguas Frescas: Halloween Spooktacular, 6 p.m. Come and enjoy games, face painting and scary stories. Aguas frescas and other light refreshments will be served.
The following ongoing programs continue in October:
- Winters Community Library Teaching Garden: The School in Session Schedule to visit the garden is: Mondays: 3:30-6 p.m.; Tuesdays: 3:30 p.m. to sundown; Wednesdays 1:30-6 p.m.; Thursdays: 3:30 p.m. to sundown; Saturdays: 1-5 p.m.
- 3D Printer Appointments Available: Sign up to use the 3D printer. Mondays: 2-5 p.m.; Tuesdays: 4-7 p.m.; Wednesdays: 11 a.m.-2 p.m.; Thursdays: 4-7 p.m.; Fridays: 12-3 p.m.; Saturdays: 1-4 p.m. Contact the Library for more information.
- SUCCESS: Tuesdays and Thursdays at 3:30 p.m.
- Tales for Tails: Tuesdays at 3:30 p.m.
- Needle Arts: First and third Tuesdays of the month at 4 p.m.
- Winters Casual Cribbage Club: Second and fourth Tuesday of the month at 6 p.m. in the Margaret Parson’s Room or the Quiet Reading Corner.
- Winters Origami Club: Last Tuesday of the month at 5 p.m.
- Family Story Time: Wednesdays at 10:30 a.m.
- Literary Trails: Wednesdays at 2 p.m.
- NEW! Fiesta de Colores: An hour of arts and crafts on Thursdays at 6 p.m.
- Grupo de conversación en inglés/English Conversation Group: Jueves a las 6 p.m. / Thursdays at 6 p.m.
- Libros y Chisme: Second Thursday of the month at 6 p.m.
- Aguas Frescas: Last Thursday of the month at 6 p.m.
- Hora de Cuentas/Bi-lingual Story Time: Thursdays at 6:30 p.m. Sponsored by First 5 Yolo.
- Lego Block Party: Second Saturday of the month at 2 p.m.
- Family Movie: Last Saturday of the month at 2 p.m.
NOTICES: The Winters Community Library continues the Extended Hours Schedule:
- Mondays and Wednesdays: 8 a.m.-6 p.m.
- Tuesday and Thursdays: 8 a.m.-8 p.m.
- Fridays: 8 a.m.-3:30 p.m.
- Saturdays: 1-5 p.m.
- Sundays: Closed
On Monday, Oct. 14, the Winters Community Library will only be open from 2-6 p.m. due to a Yolo County Library all staff meeting and Winters Joint Unified School District’s Professional Development Day.
Except where noted, all programs are sponsored by the Winters Friends of the Library, are free to attend, and no registration is required. For more information, contact library staff at 530-795-4955, visit the Yolo County Library at: yolocountylibrary.org (see Events calendar for Winters Community Library-specific events) or connect with the Yolo County Library on Facebook at: facebook.com/yolocountylibrary.org.
The following programs will be held at Yolo County’s Esparto Regional Library, located at 17065 Yolo Ave. in Esparto:
· Tuesday, Oct. 1: Aguas Frescas and Flowering Fantasies, 3:30 p.m. Join us for refreshing Aguas Frescas while creating your large or small paper flower. Materials provided.
· Wednesday, Oct. 9: Free Computer Class, 1:30 p.m. Basic computer class covering simple tech support, beginner terminology, library computer resources, and a Q & A session. Registration is required and will be limited to the first ten signups. To register, call 530-787-3426 or sign up at the library service desk. This class will be offered on the second Wednesday of each month.
· Thursday, Oct. 10: Amazing Animal World, 3:30 p.m. Come for an educational and interactive program with live animals at the library.
· Saturday, Oct. 12: Master Gardener Program: Calendar Gardening, 10:30 a.m. Learn how to get the most out of your garden all year long. This garden information program is presented by the University of California Cooperative Extension Master Gardeners of Yolo County.
· Thursday, Oct. 17: Evening Family Movie, 6 p.m. Join us for a family friendly (rated G or PG) movie on our new big screen with free popcorn. Thank you to the Yocha DeHe Wintun Nation and Friends of the Esparto Regional Library for providing the new audiovisual equipment. For movie title call the library at 530-787-3426.
· Tuesday, Oct. 29: Dia De Los Muertos/Halloween Crafts, 3:30 p.m. Decorate sugar skulls, make paper crafts, and paint pumpkins.
The following ongoing programs continue in October:
· English Conversation Group, Tuesdays at 1:15 p.m. Converse and improve your English in a fun and relaxed setting with the aid of a group facilitator. Drop-in visitors are always welcome.
· Hora de Cuentos/Bilingual Spanish Story Time (Ages 0-5), Thursdays at 10:30 a.m. Children (ages 0-5) and their parents or caregivers are invited to join us for stories, songs, movement, rhymes and finger-plays. All bilingual story times are provided through a grant from First 5 Yolo.
All programs are sponsored by the Friends of the Esparto Regional Library, are free to attend and, unless otherwise stated, no registration is required. For more information about events at the Esparto Regional Library, contact library staff at 530-787-3426 or visit the Yolo County Library at yolocountylibrary.org (see calendar for Esparto Regional Library-specific events). Connect with the Yolo County Library on Facebook at facebook.com/yolocountylibrary.org.]]>